At CIS, we require all faculty members to possess a Bachelor’s degree and recognized certification from an accredited institution to be considered for a role. Moreover, experience in the relevant area of expertise is an advantage, as is additional training in certain programs such as the Common Ground Collaborative, WIDA, IGCSE, and the IBDP. Our faculty must also have a high level of comfort with collaboration, using assessment to inform learning, and inclusive communication practices.
If you wish to apply for an open role for the upcoming school year, please submit a cover letter, resume, and five supervisor references, along with scans of your degrees and certifications to our HR Manager, Ms. Annie Eugene, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on International Schools Services(ISS) for listings and to apply.
Requirements for Consideration
All CIS faculty have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and are certified in their area of teaching. Certifications are recognized from state or national authorities. People on a pathway towards certification may be considered.
- For Indian Nationals: a B.Ed, or a bachelor's degree with a professional teaching certificate from a valid institution that represents 36 credit hours of study. 100-400 hour courses are not certifications.
- For International faculty: A bachelor's degree plus certification for teaching for the role. Certifications can be from state or national entities. Some qualifications like TTC and PTC may also be considered.
- Be experienced and comfortable working in an internationally-minded environment
- Be able to build a learning environment that is supportive and productive
- Be able to challenge and develop all students through differentiated approaches
- Be able to build a learning programme that reflects their students’ needs, backgrounds, perspectives, and interest
- Be committed to continuous professional growth and professional learning