Grade 11 and 12 students who choose IB Theatre engage practically in a variety of theatre practices, traditions, plays and theories.
Grade 11 and 12 students
- Students learn how to think and work as creators, designers, directors and performers of theatre.
- Creative projects are approached collaboratively as well as individually.
- Lesson formats include workshops, close readings of text, group discussions, independent research, creative experimentation, and student presentations.
- Students keep a journal in which they document their artistic explorations, reflections, and conclusions.
Rich in Tradition
Being in India allows us access to the rich, diverse performing arts of the region. Theater at CIS provides unique and authentic learning opportunities. We strive to connect students to theater experiences within Bangalore, to help them understand the dynamic nature of this art form, and the impact it can have on the world. CIS students have consistently earned high marks in IGCSE Drama and IB Theater. In 2014-15, a CIS student earned the highest score in India for IGCSE Drama. IB students have consistently scored well above the world average. But numbers aside, the quality of work produced by the CIS Theater Program speaks for itself with a reputation of quality and integrity.
This school year, CIS puts on an MS and HS theatre production at the end of February.
- Middle School: 2 classes per cycle
- Grade 9 and 10: 4 classes per cycle
- IB: 6 classes per cycle